Submissions Now Open for the Second Annual Northern Arizona Nasty Women Art Exhibition. You must fill out and submit a submission form by Sunday, February 18th at 10pm. See link below..
Calling all artists who are or support Nasty Women!
WHO DO WE WANT TO BE INVOLVED? Artists of all ages, races, religions, sexual orientations, gender or non-gender identifications, economic backgrounds, immigrants and non-immigrants who are or support Nasty Women. Submission is open to everyone and all mediums. As long as your submission meets the requirements in the submission info, below, your work will be included in the show. EVERY ONE OF YOU NASTY WOMEN, LET’S DO THIS!!! THIS EXHIBITION IS COMPLETELY INCLUSIVE. No work will be rejected UNLESS IT DOES NOT MEET THE SUBMISSION CRITERIA BELOW.
- Submitted artwork must be 12″ x 12″ x 12″ or smaller, except by permission.
- Submitted readings of poetry or essays, dramatic presentations, videos/films, and dance pieces must fit within a 5-minute time period for each submission.
- Submitted essays, stories, poetry, and other written work must be 500 words maximum.
- Musical submissions will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis, but generally should be kept under 15 minutes.
- Artwork and written work must be ready to hang.
- Work must be FOR SALE & priced between $10 and $100 (all sales will be donated to nonprofit supporting women's issues; this year's recipients include Planned Parenthood Arizona, Inc., One New Education, and World Bicycle Relief).
- No hatred, sexism, racism, xenophobia. As exhibition organizers, we have the right to refuse any work if it contains or suggests hatred.
- Humor is welcome.
- Nudity in work is fine.
- In addition to filling out the form below by Sunday, February 18th at 10pm, you must also email one image of your piece to email@example.com by noon on Monday, February 26th (this will help our records!)
- You are completely responsible for your work and your property. The organizers of this exhibition and The Hive will not be responsible for any damages to your art work or your possessions during the run of this exhibition. Once the pick up time is over (4pm Sunday March 4) we are no longer responsible for holding on to your work or any of your property.
- Limit 1-3 pieces per artist.
- Submission form must be completed and submitted by 10pm on Sunday, February 18th, 2018.
- Picture of work, link to video, or copy of written submission/reading/play/monologue (pdf, word format) should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by noon on Monday, February 26th.
- Artwork, written pieces to hang, and installations must be received (dropped off at The Hive or received by mail) by 7pm (the earlier the better) on Wednesday, February 28th, no exceptions. We will be at The Hive beginning at 9am.
- If your work is not sold, you must pick it up on Sunday, March 4th, between noon and 4pm. No exceptions. We will not be responsible for unclaimed work, which will be donated if not claimed. We will let you know by Sunday morning if your work did NOT sell.